Introduction To Computer Networks And Line Configuration In Computer Networks
Computer Networks :
When two or more computers connected together for the purpose of sharing resources is called computer network.Resources can include a printer , file server or data etc.The best example of computer network is Internet.
Components of a Computer network
4. Interface devices
5. Operating systems
1. Servers: Servers are powerful computers that store data or applications and connect to resources that are shared by the users of a network.
2. Clients: These computers are used by the users of the network to access the servers and shared resources
(such as hard disks and printers).
3. Channels: The channel is the pathway over which information travels between the different computers (clients and servers) that comprises the network.
4. Interface devices: These are hardware devices that connect clients and servers (and sometimes other networks) to the channel. Examples include modems and network interface cards.
5. Operating systems: The network operating system is the software of the network. It serves a similar purpose that the operating system serves in a stand-alone computer.
Services of computer network
1) File Services : This services is used for file transfer, storage, data migration, file update, synchronization and achieving.
2 ) Printing Services : From this service multiple user take printout from single printer.
3 ) Message Services : This service includes email, voice mails and coordinate object oriented applications.
4 ) Application Services : This services allows to centralize high profile applications to increase performance and scalability.
5 ) Database Services : This service is helpful for co-ordination of distributed data and replication.
When two device exchange data through a transmission medium it is called Data Communication. it is in 0’s and 1’s and medium is wire cable.
Types of Data Communication
The device which is to be communicate are in the same geographical area, that is in same building.
When communicating devices are in the different or far geographical, example in different building.
Data communication components
There are five different components.
1. Message : It is the data to be send.
2. Sender : It is a device who is sending a data.
3. Receiver : It is device who is receiving a data.
4. Medium : It is a medium from which data is carried out.
5. Protocol : It is set of rule from how data is to be sent.
Line Configuration In Computer Network
Line configuration in computer network is a connection between two or more communication devices attached to a link.
Link is define as a communication channel from which data transfer from one device to another device.
Example computer, printer etc.
Types of line configurations
1 . Point-to-Point
It is dedicated link between two devices. It uses actual wire or cable to connect the two device.
Connection between remote control and Television for changing the channels
2 . Multipoint Connection
When linking was made in between two or more device then it is called as multipoint connection ,we may also say this as Multi-drop configuration. The network in this connection is called Broadcast Networks.More than two devices share same link.
You May Also Enjoy Reading This …