Transmission Modes in Computer Networks
Transmission Modes is a mechanism in which data ( or information ) is transmitted from one device to another device which is connected over a network.
Different types of transmission modes in computer network is as follow.
1. Simplex Mode
2. Half duplex Mode
3. Full duplex Mode
One way transmission only one can send other can receive.We cannot send a message back to the sender.
One of the best example of simplex transmission mode is television broadcasting also loudspeakers broadcasting is an example of simplex transmission mode which is one way communication.
2. Half duplex
Both way transmission but one way at one time.
Example walkie- talkie in which one can communicate after another done but communication take place from both side.
3. Full duplex
we can send data in both the directions that is sending and receiving data at same time.
Telephone uses full duplex communication mode in which both sender and receiver can communicate at the same time.
Also local area network where all device are communicating simultaneously.
Full duplex system uses two line for sending and receiving data.
You May Also Enjoy Reading This …
- Computer Networks And Line Configuration In Computer Networks
- Network Topology
- Transmission Modes in Computer Networks
- Transmission Mediums in Computer Networks
- Types of Communication Networks
- Introducing Network Protocols
- Network Devices
- Crimping LAN Cables
- what is modulation and demodulation
- multiplexer and demultiplexer
- synchronous and asynchronous transmission